What Is OpenApi Spec?
OpenApi (OAS) is an API description format for REST APIs. An OpenAPI file allows you to describe your entire API, including:
- Available endpoints (/users) and operations on each endpoint (GET /users, POST /users)
- Operation parameters Input and output for each operation
- Authentication methods
What is Swagger?
Swagger is a set of tools most widely used implementing the OpenApi specification.
- Swagger Editor: Swagger Editor lets you edit OpenAPI specifications in YAML inside your browser and to preview documentations in real time.
- Swagger Codegen: Allows generation of API client libraries (SDK generation), server stubs and documentation automatically given an OpenAPI Spec.
- Swagger Parser: Standalone library for parsing OpenAPI definitions from Java
- Swagger Core: Java-related libraries for creating, consuming, and working with OpenAPI definitions
- Swagger Inspector (free): API testing tool that lets you validate your APIs & generate OpenAPI definitions from an existing API
- SwaggerHub (free and commercial): API design and documentation, built for teams working with OpenAPI.
Swagger CodeGen Api
The Swagger Codegen is an open source code-generator to build server stubs and client SDKs directly from a Swagger defined RESTful API. The source code for the Swagger Codegen can be found in GitHub.