I was recently asked by a client about the benefits of Coveo Cloud vs On-premise. So back in 2016 Coveo released of Coveo For Sitecore v4 which coincided with the release of Coveo Cloud v2, this now provided the option of hosting your Coveo for Sitecore index in the cloud as well as on-premise.
Hosting your index in the cloud has some obvious benefits:
- Speed – developers can be up and running with an index in the cloud in 30 minutes or less.
- Reduced Infrastructure – you don’t need to procure additional servers for hosting your Coveo indexes across all your various environments.
- Easier – A Cloud installation of Coveo for Sitecore is easier to maintain than an On-Premises one, as mirrors and redundancy are handled by the Cloud platform.
- Availability – Cloud architecture is distributed across multiple availability zones and geographical regions for data resiliency and high availability.
- Scalability – Coveo Cloud solutions are constantly monitored for performance, and measured against performance thresholds and target response times. Built on dynamic processing power environments and thanks to its scalable architecture, Coveo Cloud is able to seamlessly scale computing systems to maintain optimal user experience.